Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
A great smile boosts your self-confidence and impresses everyone you meet. If your teeth lack sparkle or have obvious defects, take charge with porcelain veneers from Gibberman Dental in Alexandria, VA. Dr. Paul Gibberman, Dr. Lauren Gibberman, and Dr. Maria Hodas use these thin laminates to disguise flaws and transform smiles from drab to superb.
A healthy smile...
You've got one. No decay, no gum disease, only a few fillings on back molars. But, wow, those front teeth are dark, chipped, and gapped. What can you do?
Come to Gibberman Dental in Alexandria for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Ask about porcelain veneers, and your dentist will tell you if they suit your oral health and smile expectations.
What are porcelain veneers?
They're tooth-shaped pieces of high-grade ceramic individually crafted to fit over teeth marred by:
- Intractable stains from fluoride, smoking, root canal therapy, food, drinks, or prescription drugs
- Cracks, chips, pitting, craze lines, and other surface imperfections
- Small gaps, tooth rotations, and minor crowding
A tooth-colored cement holds veneers in place indefinitely, and veneers actually reinforce weak tooth structure.
Placement is straightforward. The treatment takes two to three visits to Gibberman Dental where your dentist will examine your teeth and take oral impressions. These impressions, along with details your dentist supplies, help a skilled ceramic technician create the laminates with just the right shape and size. Additionally, your dentist removes some enamel from each tooth so the laminates bite and fit well.
Finally, veneers last for years and resist stains. Everyday Health explains that the porcelain which makes up your laminates is glassy and non-porous. So, rest assured your smile will stay bright and attractive.
Reasons to get veneers
1. Improve your smile appearance, erasing defects for good.
2. Veneers require far less enamel resurfacing than crowns do.
3. Your veneers look totally real and blend right in with the rest of your smile.
4. They work well with other cosmetic services as part of a complete smile makeover which could include dental implants, whitening, bonding, porcelain crowns, and more.
It's your smile
Feel good about it again. Explore your cosmetic dentistry options, including porcelain veneers, at Gibberman Dental in Alexandria, VA. Dr. Paul Gibberman, Dr. Lauren Gibberman, and Dr. Maria Hodas are eager to help you achieve your best smile. Call for a consultation, won't you? Our number is (703) 823-6616.
You deserve a great smile, and now you can have it with porcelain veneers. They are a state-of-the-art way to enhance your smile. If you are dealing with damaged, stained, or unsightly teeth, porcelain veneers can make your smile beautiful again. The dentists at Gibberman Dental in Alexandria Virginia Dr. Paul Gibberman, Dr. Lauren Gibberman, and Dr. Maria Hodas offer a wide range of cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental services to enhance your smile.
One of the most important benefits of porcelain veneers is their versatility. Porcelain veneers are the perfect choice to hide problems like these:
- Cracks or chips due to aging
- Tooth wear, abrasion, or erosion due to bad habits
- Discolorations or stains due to medications or genetics
- Gaps or spaces between teeth due to genetics
- Tooth overlap or rotation due to genetics
Porcelain veneers offer other benefits too, including:
- Natural good looks, because porcelain is light-reflective and looks just like tooth enamel
- Long-lasting beauty, because porcelain resists stains so your veneers will stay beautiful
- Quick treatment, because you can have a new, perfect smile in as little as 2 to 3 appointments
- Conservative results, because little to no tooth structure is removed
Porcelain veneers are thin laminates of sparkling, dental ceramic. The laminates are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They require between 2 and 3 appointments, starting with a consultation appointment. The consultation appointment is an excellent time to discuss any concerns or ask any questions you may have about veneers. You may also get an idea of what your new veneers will look like, and how to care for your new veneers.
The next step is tooth preparation, during which your dentist will prepare your teeth to receive the veneers. A small amount of tooth surface is removed, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers. Models are taken of your teeth, and the models are sent off to a dental laboratory, where your new veneers are made.
The veneers are sent back to your dentist at Gibberman Dental, and the final cementation appointment will be scheduled. Your new porcelain veneers will be cemented, and you can enjoy your new smile! To find out more about the benefits of porcelain veneers, call the dentists at Gibberman Dental in Alexandria Virginia today at 703-823-6616.